A strong and recognizable brand can help a business be more successful, which is why creating an effective brand identity is so important. But what all does a brand identity entail, and why is it so important?
What is a brand identity?
When you create a brand identity, you’re essentially applying your brand values to any visual elements that will be used to promote your business. This means that a brand identity is more than just a logo, and consists of a variety of marketing materials.
This might include:
- Business cards
- Print materials (brochures, reports, flyers, etc.)
- Product packaging
Brand identity examples from Isabela Rodrigues
Developing a cohesive and professional brand identity is an important part of any effective branding strategy. Creating a brand identity requires research and attention to detail in order to develop a style that successfully meets the goals of a business and gives off the appropriate message. Once a brand identity is created, many companies provide guidelines for how their brand should be represented on various mediums to ensure consistency. Check out our
showcase of branding style guides
for some examples.
Why is brand identity important?
A brand identity is the visual representation of the values and “personality” of your brand. Identity design essentially sets the tone of your brand, and it can be used to evoke specific feelings in your audience. Your brand identity should be designed to communicate your company’s overall message and promote your business goals.
2. Consistency: Developing a brand identity allows you to create a consistent message across all marketing materials. Each piece should have the same basic styles and design elements, creating a cohesive branding package.
3. Differentiation: A brand identity helps you to differentiate your business from the competition and appropriately position your brand. Developing a professional, creative identity design can help you to stand out to potential customers in your market.
Creating a brand identity package ensures that your brand is at the forefront of all your marketing materials, which helps to increase brand awareness. The more places your brand is featured, the more contact it will make with consumers, and the more memorable it will be.
5. Loyalty: An effective brand identity can help to build customer loyalty and trust in a brand, since it allows customers to make a connection between a product and the company.
Need help developing a brand identity? Contact us
You might also like:
- Image is everything: Put YOUR stock to work for YOU
- Three expert recommendations for using UX to build better websites
- How to get more online reviews (and how to respond to the bad ones)